The aim of mentorship is to draw alongside a teen from Diepsloot and guide them on their journey through life.
1-on-1 Mentorship *
- We understand people live busy lives. For this reason, we have tailored the program to fit around you and what you can personally manage. Once we know your interests and how you want to be involved, we pair you up with a teen of the same gender.
- Many of the teens have limited internet access and so they often ask basic questions which are easy to investigate.
- Mentors aim to assist mentees with basic life skills, school work, encouragement and draw alongside them through the ups and downs of life. Mentorship is about forming a genuine and mutually beneficial relationship.
- We recommend that you meet at least once a month in person and communicate over the phone/on whatsapp in-between. The principles to forming any good relationship applies, as what you put in is what you’ll get out.
If you think you might be keen then give us a call and we’ll tell you more about it. We’ll work with you to find the best way for you to be involved.
* Training is given upfront to explain what the experience will entail. Thereafter support is offered and quarterly training is held with all mentors to facilitate ongoing learning.
Many teens do not have mentors or someone whom they can get advice from. For this reason, every few months we meet with a large group of teens. This gives us the opportunity to address general topics such as teenage pregnancy, drugs, school subject choices, finances, hygiene, medical etc.