Maths and Science Classes
Khensani’s Collection employs a teacher to facilitate our afterschool program.
Math and science classes are held 6 days a week from 15:00 – 17:00 weekdays and 10:00 – 13:00 on Saturdays. There are up to 100 registered students from Grades 1 to 12 who meet daily to receive mentoring and guidance in these subjects.
Overseen by a qualified English teacher, we have a team of mentors and volunteers who teach English classes to teens on a Saturday twice a month.
The teens are assessed and put into classes based on their ability so they can learn at the right level for them. Please let us know if you’d like to join the team. There is also a need to help the younger children with their reading skills.
Want To Get Involved?
If you’d like to contribute, we are in need of the following:
- Platinum Series textbooks
- Spot on Series textbooks
- Casio Scientific calculators
- Stationery: pens & notebooks
- Desks and chairs
- School shoes, uniforms & fees
- Cellphones to keep in contact with our student
- Financial contribution towards the teacher’s salary and student needs
- Books to contribute towards our reading library
- Contributions to teaching aids like science kits
- A computer and printer for our teacher to assist him in his classwork and administration
- Classroom educational posters
- Funds towards constructing a classroom
How to Get Involved
We have various needs here:
- Our biggest need is funding for our teacher;
- Volunteer or sponsor another teacher;
- Donate stationery, textbooks, classroom equipment etc.
For a full list, check out our Wish List.
Donate to this Cause
Monetary donations will go toward teachers salaries, textbooks, stationery and building a new classroom.
Please consider setting up a small monthly debit order, or making a once-off donation to:
Reference: Class + [your name (optional)]